Plug-in charging systems for electromobility
Plug-in charging systems from Phoenix Contact set new standards in power supply to electric vehicles. Whether charging on an AC network or fast DC charging - the AC and DC charging plug-in connectors from Phoenix Contact are safe, reliable, and user friendly.
- Complete range of plugs from a single source - thanks to the wide range of type 1, type 2, and GB products
- User-friendly handling - with ergonomically shaped handle
- Particularly rugged and durable, thanks to the use of high-quality materials and the sturdy design
- Safe use: thanks to a multi-stage locking system between the charging plug and vehicle
Here we would like to present you a video. Adobe Flash Player is required to view this video. You might need to adjust some settings in your browser if you have alreadinstalled Flash Player.y
Overview of plug-in charging systems
The adjacent graphic provides an overview of the current applicable international standards and plug-in charging systems used worldwide.
Further below you will also find links to pages that describe the various systems in more detail.
Combined AC/DC plug-in charging system
Unique: the inlet of the plug-in connector can also be used for AC voltage charging with a type 2 AC plug. This means that only one inlet is required on the vehicle side for AC and DC charging.
Type 2 AC plug-in system
A safe charging process is controlled via the PP and CP contacts. For example, this method checks whether the plug-in connector is correctly inserted in the inlet and which current may be used for charging.
Type 1 AC plug-in system
Like the type 2 version, the type 1 AC connector has two signal contacts which ensure that the charging process is controlled safely. The locking mechanism between the vehicle and the charging cable is closed using a lever system.
AC and DC plug-in system according to GB standard
The connector for single-phase charging with alternating current has been developed according to GB/T Part 2 and in addition to safe snap-in locking, it also offers user-friendly handling with rugged and high-quality materials.
DC plug-in charging systems for electric utility vehicles
The DC replacement battery concept is particularly suitable for utility vehicles used in local and municipal authorities as well as for forklift trucks, transport vehicles, and passenger transport vehicles.
The advantages at a glance:
- Currents up to 400 A
- Voltages up to 750 V DC
- Tolerance compensation for the plug-in process and vibration damping during the journey
- More than 10,000 insertion/withdrawal cycles
- Battery and thermal magnet as well as charging state monitoring via integrated data module