For maximum availability - redundant PROFINET controllers
Uninterrupted processes are vital in complex systems and large plants. Ensure the continuous operation of your automation - with the new PROFINET redundancy controllers from Phoenix Contact.
Here we would like to present you a video. Adobe Flash Player is required to view this video. You might need to adjust some settings in your browser if you have alreadinstalled Flash Player.y
- Easy startup and automatic configuration of all redundancy functions - thanks to AutoSync technology, designed by Phoenix Contact
- A distance of up to 80 km between the controllers via fiber optics, cost-optimized thanks to plug-in SFP modules
- Uninterrupted process - even in the event of failure or when a controller is replaced
- High-resolution display: for displaying status and error messages in plain text
- Optimum device integration, thanks to PROFINET standard; redundancy for your future-proof Ethernet network
- Uninterrupted visualization - thanks to redundancy-capable OPC servers
Redundancy - for failsafe control systems
Simply connect two RFC controllers via a fiber optic cable. Depending on the distance between the PLCs, choose from three plug-in SFP (small form factor plug-in) modules to connect the conductors. You can therefore cover distances of up to 80 km, e.g., for applications in tunnels or at airports.
Using AutoSync technology, designed by Phoenix Contact, the controllers automatically establish a high-performance connection - for exchanging configuration data and project information.
Before each cycle, the PLC controlling the process transmits the data that is to be synchronized to the PLC that is in hot standby mode.
You program just one controller as usual, while the second is started up automatically. If one PLC fails, the other takes over immediately ensuring smooth operation.
Simply connect two RFC 460R controllers via a fiber optic synchronization cable and you're done!
This means that with the right module, you can synchronize your controllers more cost-effectively.
Choose from distances of 550 m, 30 km or up to 80 km.